These don’t really taste healthy. But they sure do have a lot of healthy stuff in them.
I have tried a lot of granola bars over the years. I remember eating those Valley-Something-Or-Other ones when I was in hospital and loving the peanut butter crunch (the pb one is surprisingly, my favourite ;)). I’ve eaten granola bars from little bakeries, organic ones from large companies, and… actually yeah that’s about it.
The only thing is, they always go so fast. Buying a box of pre-wrapped granola bars can be super handy, but I haven’t found any that really hit the spot. Plus their expensive and usually have a tonne of ingredients in them, some of which I don’t even want to eat. Then there’s the plastic…
Problems solved! Here’s the recipe of my dreams, and will be of your’s, too. Take a bite and you will see… =)
PS- You will probably want to double or triple the recipe and freeze some. They taste super good when they are cold!
PPS- You will probably want to get an extra freezer once you have made your first batch.
PPPS- Here is a video of how to make these granola bars
- 60g Zimt Baking Chocolate(1/2 C or whatever melted chocolate. I really like Zimt though ;))
- 120g coconut nectar(1/4 C)
- 156g pitted dates(apx 1 C)
- 141g nut or seed butter of choice(I used peanut butter, of course, and sunflower seed butter)
- 1/4t vanilla bean powder
- 1generous pinch salt
- 200g rolled oats(2 C)
- 35g crispy rice cereal(1 C - I used One Degree Organic's brand)